Assets of The UCLA Foundation are managed by the UCLA Investment Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Foundation. For more information, please visit www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.
Performance Highlights - For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019 (FY18-19):
- Net position, comprising total assets in excess of total liabilities
and deferred inflow of resources, increased by $237 million (8%): $3.4 billion
- Total assets: $3.8 billion (a 7% increase)
- Total liabilities: $346 million (a 1% increase)
- Revenue in the form of donor contributions: $334 million (a 34% decrease)*
- Gift fund distributions: $274 million (a 10% decrease)
- Non-operating revenues compared to FY18 non-operating income of $202 million: $95 million (a 53% decrease)
- Private gifts of permanent endowments: $122 million (a 53% increase)
- Endowed investment pool return: 3.68%
- Total FY19 endowment payout available to the campus and affiliated entities increased by $16 million (an 18% increase): $103.6 million
Annual payout to the campus continues to grow, consistent with The Foundation’s goal to provide predictable, sustainable payout that preserves equity among generations.
*Excludes contributions managed by The Regents, additions to permanently endowed funds, and endowed or conditional pledges.