Assets of The UCLA Foundation are managed by the UCLA Investment Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Foundation. For more information, please visit www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.
Performance Highlights - For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2021 (FY20-21):
- Net position comprising total assets in excess of total liabilities and deferred inflow of resources increased by $959 million (a 27% increase): $4.6B
- Total assets (a 26% increase): $5.1B
- Total liabilities (a 21% increase): $418M
- Revenue in the form of donor contributions (a 29% decrease)*: $288M
- Gift fund distributions (a 7% increase): ($316M)
- Operating income compared to FY20 operating income of $67 million (a 217% decrease): ($79M)
- Non-operating revenues compared to FY20 non-operating revenues of $21 million (a 4,246% increase): $921M
- Private gifts of permanent endowments (a 19% decrease): $116M
- Endowed Investment pool return: 34.34%
- Total FY21 endowment payout available to the campus and affiliated entities increased by $35 million (a 29% increase): $152.4M
The UCLA Foundation’s support of the university remains strong thanks to donor contributions of $404 million and endowment performance of 34.34%. The Foundation’s net position increased to $4.6 billion. Total assets increased by 26% ($1.1 billion) to $5.1 billion, while total liabilities increased by 21% ($71.3 million) to $417.7 million. Annual payout to the campus continues to grow, consistent with The Foundation’s goal to provide predictable, sustainable payout that preserves equity among generations.
*Excludes contributions managed by The Regents, additions to permanently endowed funds, and endowed or conditional pledges.