Assets of The UCLA Foundation are managed by the UCLA Investment Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Foundation. For more information, please visit www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.
Performance Highlights - For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2020 (FY19-20):
- Net position, comprising total assets in excess of total liabilities
and deferred inflow of resources, increased by $233 million (7%): $3.6 billion
- Total assets: $4.0 billion (a 6% increase)
- Total liabilities: $346 million (no change)
- Revenue in the form of donor contributions: $404 million (a 21% increase)*
- Gift fund distributions: $294 million (a 7% increase)
- Operating income compared to FY19 operating income of $20 million (a 240% increase): $67M
- Non-operating revenues compared to FY19 non-operating revenues of $95 million (a 78% decrease): $21M
- Private gifts of permanent endowments: $145 million (a 18% increase)
- Endowed investment pool return: .52%
- Total FY20 endowment payout available to the campus and affiliated entities increased by $14 million (an 14% increase): $117.7 million
Annual payout to the campus continues to grow, consistent with The Foundation’s goal to provide predictable, sustainable payout that preserves equity among generations.
*Excludes contributions managed by The Regents, additions to permanently endowed funds, and endowed or conditional pledges.