Assets of The UCLA Foundation are managed by the UCLA Investment Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Foundation. For more information, please visit www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.
Performance Highlights - For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018 (FY17-18):
- Net position, comprising total assets in excess of total liabilities
and deferred inflow of resources, increased by $454 million (17%): $3.1 billion
- Total assets: $3.5 billion (a 16% increase)
- Total liabilities: $344 million (a 13% increase)
- Revenue in the form of donor contributions: $509 million (a 79% increase)*
- Gift fund distributions: $306 million (a 23% increase)
- Non-operating revenues compared to FY17 non-operating income of $259 million: $202 million (a decrease $57 million)
- Private gifts of permanent endowments: $80 million (a 15% increase)
- Endowed investment pool return: 10.49%
- Total FY18 endowment payout available to the campus and affiliated entities increased by $1 million (a 1% increase): $87.7 million
Annual payout to the campus continues to grow, consistent with The Foundation’s goal to provide predictable, sustainable payout that preserves equity among generations.
*Excludes contributions managed by The Regents, additions to permanently endowed funds, and endowed or conditional pledges.