Assets of The UCLA Foundation are managed by the UCLA Investment Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Foundation. For more information, please visit www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.
Performance Highlights - For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2016 (FY15-16):
- Net position, comprising total assets in excess of total liabilities
and deferred inflow of resources, decreased by $9 million (less than 1%): $2.4 billion
- Total assets: $2.7 billion (a decrease of less than 1%)
- Total liabilities: $284 million (a 2% increase)
- Revenue in the form of donor contributions: $235 million (a 26% increase)*
- Gift fund distributions: $224 million (a 7% increase)
- Non-operating expenses compared to FY15 non-operating income of $104 million: $62 million (a 160% decrease)
- Private gifts of permanent endowments: $70 million (a 5% increase)
- Endowed investment pool return: -4.11%
- Total FY16 endowment payout available to the campus and affiliated entities increased by $3.8 million (a 5% increase): $83.2 million
Annual payout to the campus continues to grow, consistent with The Foundation’s goal to provide predictable, sustainable payout that preserves equity among generations.
*Excludes contributions managed by The Regents, additions to permanently endowed funds, and endowed or conditional pledges.